Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My impression of "the HELP"


I saw the movie "the HELP". I can't imagined the story from the title, but after I saw this movie, it impressed me. I'm going to write how this movie makes me feel.

              First, I was surprised at that black people had to live under terrible conditions. For example, they were said that they were dirty and had to go to the different restroom from the white people's. Moreover, if they stood against white people, they became out of work or they were likely to be killed at worst. What I can't understand the most is that they had to get down the bus, when a black person was killed. She must have been very scared when she had to walk to her home that night. In short, I couldn't believe that white people treat black people in such a terrible way.

              Second, I was moved by the bond of white people and black people. Many white people treated the black people like slaves, but there were some white people who loved black people. While on the other hand, in spite of white people's terrible treatment, black people loved white children. The heroine promoted the problem of Negro segregation for black people, even when she were disliked by her friends and her boy friend, so I respect her. In short, I was impressed by both black people's and white people's warm action.

              In conclusion, I knew the reality and people of the U.S. in the past through the movie "the HELP". I had a good time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Miho. I read your essay. I was not able to attend last writing class. However, after reading your essay, I regret not to attend last writing class. I should think about Negro segregation. This problem is not perfectly resolved. It is terrible thing. I want to resolve this problem in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Miho! I enjoyed reading your comment. I feel you. I have already known about Jim Crow. However, I didn’t know it was so cruel and serious. I was also surprised when black people have get down from the bus. It was so terrible. I can’t believe that the spectacle in the movie is true. However, it is the fact, so we have to know the fact and understand it, don’t you?

    ReplyDelete