Monday, December 8, 2014

The most urgent issue Japan facing


Four years will have passed since the nuclear accident occurred in Japan, but the problem about the accident haven’t been solved. I believe the most urgent issue Japan is facing is the problem of atomic power plant. I will show you why I think so.

First, some people haven’t come home yet because of the nuclear problem. People who lived near the atomic power plant were deprived of their houses, and what’s more they haven’t come home yet. They must want to come home, but the decontamination work haven’t finished, so they can’t return to their hometown. In short, the problem of the nuclear accident haven’t finished.

Second, there are some nuclear power plants in production now despite being said that a large earthquake will occur soon. Under this condition, I doubts that it is all right if some nuclear power plants are running. I worried that when a large earthquake occurs someday, the same kinds of accidents will occur. To sum up, we have the risk associated with the use of nuclear power plants.

In conclusion, because of the above reasons, I believe that the problem of the nuclear power plant is the most urgent issue.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Miho! I’m glad to sit next to you again! Today’s topic was a difficult, isn’t it? I agree with your opinion so much. I went to Sendai when I was a second grade of high school student. It was beyond of my description. A lady who guided said because of atomic problems, the number of volunteers are not so many and many people who lived Tohoku decided to live another places. It’s very difficult, but we have to face this problem, because Aichi also has an atomic power plant.

    ReplyDelete